Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What a difference a year makes...





Wow. I was in Boise, ID when I took the pregnancy test. I had been charting my basal body temperature for 3 months so I would have an idea of when I ovulated and to know when Lewis and I had to "get it on". ;) Not to say we didn't "get it on" on other days, but it was important to know which day would be more beneficial to our ultimate goal. TMI, I know. ;)
I was already about 2 days late when I took the test and I just knew I was pregnant. But it still was so nerve-wracking to pee on the stick and see the "pregnant" line appear.
It was about 6am and I began shaking like crazy. I even took a picture of the test to have proof in case the next one I took didn't show I was pregnant. I couldn't call Lewis since he was still sleeping, so I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't! But I finally did.
I called Lewis about 11am and told him on the phone. I wish I could have done it in person so I could have seen his face, but it was a Monday, and I wasn't going to see him until Thursday, and there was NO WAY I could, or would, keep that news from him.
We decided to not tell anyone until later on in the pregnancy, in case something happened. But we caved and told our parents at 5 weeks, and 7 weeks. We even got us telling my parents on video. We told everyone else as soon as we got confirmation of a heartbeat.
Our BB (Baby Brown) was due on April 10. We chose to wait until the birth to find out the sex.
On March 30, 2009, Britton Arrington Brown made his debut at 38 weeks and 3 days.
Life is grand! We love our little boy sooooo much!
Thank you Jesus for this wonderful blessing!

No comments: