Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Party

Two years ago, Lewis and I were invited to an adult Halloween Party.  Lewis was a UPS man and I was a box carrying "live cargo" since I was pregnant with Bishop.
(and wow, my kitchen cabinets didn't even have doors yet!)



Last year, there was no party. (sad face)

But this year, there was, and we were once again invited. It was SO much fun and I am so glad we went.  I also got the opportunity to SEW my own costume.  I am quite proud of how it turned out!



These are our friends doing the Top Gun costume thing.


This year, Lewis went as a fisherman, and I was his CATCH/FISH.


The "fish" making a fish face.


The fisherman and his "catch".



Lewis sewed on the "gills", the "teeth", and the fins.

 Side view


Back View.  The scales are what I am most proud of.  Those alone took about four hours.  Total costume completion time was about 7-8 hrs.  I didn't use a pattern.  I just searched the internet for "fish costume" and winged it from a picture I found.

Even fish get thirsty.


The gang. My friend says I look 7 years old.  I guess that beats looking 77. 








No comments: