Tuesday, June 23, 2009

12 weeks

One day late...oh well.

Lots to up date on!

We went to Anson for Father's Day weekend. My brother's kids were there as well. They were all over Britton. Yay for cousins!

I was kinda anxious about how the trip would go since it would be a long car ride for Britton and I would have to make sure to pack everything we would possibly need. In the end, things went great! He fussed a little in the truck, but who wouldn't if they were buckled into a hard seat with a 5 point harness for hours at a time! We stopped twice on the way there and once on the way back. Britton even had a diaper change on the bed of the pickup. :) I made a list of all the things I use everyday wth Britton and it proved to be a good idea. I forgot nothing and we had everything we needed. He slept in a Pack and Play we bought for my mom's house and he stayed in the room Lewis and I slept in. Mom bought a baby tub for him and he loved it! We have the same bay tub here at home that we haven't used since he was about a week old. He hated it then, but when I tried it out on Sunday night, he loved it! He also looks so much bigger in it than when we first tried to give him a bath in it!

We took lots of pictures over the weekend. Unfortunately, they were all with my parent's camera. So who knows if I'll ever get them emailed to me! I think my dad enjoyed celebrating his first Father's Day as an Abuelito with his grandkids. Lewis got a card from Britton and 2 cards from me.

Also, in sleeping new, Britton has slept 10-11 straight hours the last 3 nights. WOOT!!!! I hope this continues. I have been trying hard to watch him for sleepy cues and putting him down to nap or to bed for the night. I think we may have been keeping him up too late at night. Last night he was in bed before 8pm and woke up at 7:35am. He fussed a little last night, but no biggie. He has been consistenly taking a long morning nap every day. I love that I'm starting to "read him and get him" when it comes to what he needs/wants. He coos up a storm and smiles like there is no tomorrow. I found a ticklish spot on him and he laughs for a split second when I tickle him. I can't wait for full-on belly laughs!

Also, my cousin Stephanie had her baby girl on Jun 17th, 2009. Gianna Marie Velasquez was 6lbs 3 oz, and 19.5 inches. Proud parents are Stephanie and Moises Velasquez. Very proud grandparents are my Padrino Luis and my Madrina Maria. She is tiny! I posted a pic down below of her in the carseat and I can't believe how tiny she looks in it. There is also a picture of Britton in his carseat and he looks HUGE compared to her!

This weekend, Tia April is coming to meet her nephew and my parents will be visiting as well. I can't wait! Then my friend Stephanie and her family will be driving thru Amarillo on their way to Colorado and I am so looking forward to seeing them. THEN, the next weekend, Britton will take his first plane ride when we go to our annual July 4th Family Reunion. We have a busy 2 weeks ahead of us!

Here are some pics:


I love his silly and goofy smile! Again, he'd just awoken from his nap, hence the good mood.





My beautiful boy!!


Passing the time with his play mat.





Sweet tiny Gianna!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!! My how things change... what a great sleeper. I am jealous, but know this feeding every 3 hrs wont last much longer. He is so big! I LOVE the picture of him smiling. what an angel. Sounds like your reading his clues well. Most moms do the same thing you did... keep baby up too late. They need SO much sleep it's unbelievable. You are doing a great job. Keep it up mom!

erin franco said...

is it possible to say that he is even more handsome in person?