Monday, May 25, 2009

8 weeks

The smiles are in full blown mode! It's so awesome to see!

He has dimples on both cheeks, but the one on his left cheek is more pronounced.

We had a nice week. On Thursday, we spent all day at Grandpa and Grammie's house. They love having Britton over. And to prove that point, they babysay Britton while Lewis and I had a date night on Saturday. We saw Wolverine and went out to dinner. I missed my little boy! But we were back by 8:45 pm.

On Sunday, we went to church and then to a pool party at a friends. It was kinda cool, so we didn't swim. Britton was very cranky and his whole nap/feeding schedule went haywire. We came home about 6:45pm and he fussed and cried until he finally got a bath and a bottle and FINALLY gave in to sleep.

AND THEN HE SLEPT FOR 7 1/2 HOURS. Woo Hoo! After a quick bottle at 4:45am, he went down again until 8 this morning. I was scared that since he didn't nap much, it would negatively affect his nighttime sleep, but obviously it did not!

Today was a gorgeous day! We stayed home in the morning while Lewis worked on cabinets and then Britton and I went to Kohl's so I could get some summer clothes that fit. My prepregnant stuff is not quite going to cut it right now, and what DOES fit, is too warm for the summer.

After we got back home, we all went over to the same friend's house who had the pool party. He was having ANOTHER one. :) I did stick my feet in because it was so hot, but Britton napped nicely outside in his bouncer. He was in a MUCH better mood over there today. The host hired a guy to play live music on his guitar and it was pretty good. Britton kicked his legs in approval as well. :)

My parents are coming up this coming weekend and so is my sister Karol. I am sooooo excited! It will be Karol's first time to meet her nephew!!

The church is also throwing a shower for Britton and I am excited about that.

I'm glad school is coming to a close. Not because I take classes, but because my mom will be out for the summer and cancome visit a lot!

Here are some pictures of my handsome, growing boy:



Daddy and Britton hanging out by the pool.

Cute smile!!!





1 comment:

Crissybug said...

It always amazes me at how fast these little guys grow. He is seriously getting cuter each and every time I check in here!