Sunday, February 15, 2009

Toyota vs Honda

Lewis and I spent a lot of this past Saturday at the local Toyota and Honda dealerships. Since it will primarily be my car, I was the one who got to do the test drives. I'm not a car snob AT ALL. So to me, a car is a car is a car. But after driving several cars in the span of a few hours, I could begin to tell a difference in what I was driving.



We know we want a sedan so we didn't look at any SUV's.



We test drove the Toyota line first. We started with the Corolla, which was too small for my taste as soon as I got in it. The Camry was my favorite, because it seemed like it "fit" me. And as soon as stepped into the Avalon, I immediately thought "Granny" car, and nixed it as a possibility. The picture below is the car we would like if we decide to go with a Toyota.









At the Honda dealership, we test drove 2 types of the Accord and one Civic. If we decide to go with Honda, it will be the Accord EX, similar to the one below.






The decision probably won't be made for a few weeks. We still have about 8 weeks until BB arrives and I want to test drive both cars again.
Any comments, suggestions, opinions, etc welcome!

1 comment:

Crissybug said...

We have a Toyota Camry. We got it shortly after I had Caden. I used it until last year when we got our Honda Odyssey.

Both Toyota and Honda are great. They both have good resale value, and last a really long time.

Shawn is still driving the Camry, and we really love it.

Can't wait to see what you choose.