Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My BB is so strong

If you have any plans to read the Twilight series, don't read any further. And if you go ahead and read, don't say I didn't warn you. Spoiler follows.







Ready?











So in the 4th book of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, Bella and Edward conceive a child. It is half human and half vampire. Bella's pregnancy is fast forwarded due to the aging process genes that the baby is carrying. So the baby grows big really fast and is really strong. Strong enough to break her ribs and leave bruises and cause her lots of pain.

I reference this because even though I know I have a 100% human baby inside me, it feels like the baby is beating me up from the inside out. I know it sounds ludicrious, but there are what look like bruises on my belly, near my belly button, where BB apparently likes to push out its hands, feet, elbows, knees, etc. It is quite incredible to see.

When Lewis got home from work today, I didn't mention a word about it to him. I just lifted my shirt up and asked if he thought my belly looked bruised. And he said yes. I about fainted from having it confirmed by someone else.

I don't know what happened between yesterday and today, but BB seems to have either moved into a position that makes it more cramped, or it has had a sudden growth spurt. It honestly hurts when he/she moves. I can vouch that this kid has sharp BONY joints.

My abs (or what's left of them) are extremely sore as well, from all my coughing. So combined with BB's movement, it feels like my skin is stretched to the point where it will tear.

8 more weeks to go. I'm either going to have mega stretch marks or more bruising, because I know BB is only going to get bigger.

No comments: