Monday, February 09, 2009

Sickness

I very rarely get sick. I may feel a little achy or fatigued once in a while, but it is extremely rare that I get so sick I have to take medicine or visit the doctor or just want to curl up in the fetal postion and stay in bed all day.

I am officially the latter. And it sucks big time.

I came home from work on early Saturday evening. By the time I went to bed on Saturday night, I could feel something coming on. Sunday morning, it had arrived.

Coughing, sore throat, achiness, stuffed sinuses, and oh so tired. I wonder what the BB thinks about all the coughing and sneezing. Everytime I cough, I imagine it being bounced all around.

We still made it to church, and even had lunch with some friends afterwards, but all I could think about was coming home and getting into comfy clothes and sleeping in bed.

Which is exactly what I did. I sent Lewis to Walgreen's, armed with a "safe OTC medicine" list my OB had given me at our initial appointment. Thank goodness for organizational skills because I knew exactly where to find that sheet of paper.

I swallowed like 4 pills and drank some cough medicine and slept. Fitfull sleep, but sleep nonetheless. By the time Lewis came to bed, I felt a little better. I took more meds and prayed I wouldn't be "too fidgety and loud" while he slept beside me.

Needless to say, my sleeping habits haven't been all that great with BB acting like it's trying out for the soccer team. Put my coughing and only two sleeping postions to choose from with that, and it was not a fun night.

I had an OB appt this morning, and it took less than 10 minutes. BB's fundal height is measuring right on track, heartbeat was 145, and it is still headdown. My weight gain was normal. I asked the OB about the meds I was taking for my cold, and she approved, as I knew she would, since they came from her list. She did tell me that it takes longer to recover from a cold while pregnant. Great.

I was supposed to have jury duty tomorrow, but I checked the status tonight and I was excused. Thank goodness, because I have no desire to sit in a courthouse for who knows how long feeling the way I do. We have another childbirth class tomorrow night, and I hope I feel decent enough to sit through it.

We have a few baby related activites planned for this weekend and the next and I really really really hope I feel better sooner than later. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be sick AND have the baby already here.

No comments: