Saturday, February 07, 2009

Most awesome comment

I don't know how I forgot to post about the most awesome comment I got yesterday. I apologize in advance for my French thoughts.

It came from a man who began his morning with us in Providence, RI and drank Jack and Cokes on every leg. He spent almost all our duty day with us (me and my crew) as we flew to Baltimore, Cleveland, and Chicago before finally reaching his destination of St. Louis. To be honest, he looked homeless. And besides his one little comment, he was pretty much harmless.

::imagine me walking down the aisle of the plane::

Man: "Oh, you're having a baby."

Me: "Yep!"

Man: "Do you know who the father is?"

Me: ::::blank stare::::

seconds pass by

Me: :::finally picking my jaw up off the floor:::

what I thought: "You asshole.""

What I said: "My husband."

And I walked off before I could throat punch him.

I can't think of anything else someone could say to me this pregnancy that would shock or anger me more.

:::I so promise and cross my heart that this really really happened:::

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

oh WOW, elisa. it kills me what people actually think is okay to say or ask.

i hope you feel better soon!