Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lewis/34 week appt

Lewis went out of town for work today. He will be back tomorrow evening. It is so strange to be here in the house and not have him here. Granted, I am used to it during the day, but I dread going to bed tonight because he will not be in bed with me. I know it doesn't make sense, because I sleep by myself when I am working, but this just feels weird. I'm glad it's only one night. The other times he has traveled for work, I either work myself, or join him at his destination (especially if it's a fun one, like Las Vegas this past summer!).

I also had another baby appt today. It all went well. BB is growing right on track and everything is normal. BB has been a squirming champ lately. Imagine a fish that is flip-flopping out of the water. This is what BB looks like on occasion in my belly. BB also like to dig in heels, knees, elbows, and fists and grind them into my belly. Does. Not. Feel. Pleasant. :)

I also got to talk to my OB about a birth plan. Basically it is just some requests I have regarding labor and delivery. She was very open to listening to me and didn't think the requests were unreasonable at all. That makes me really happy because I don't want to be seen as a high maintenance patient who is trying to know more than the doctor. I know who the professionals are, and it's not me! And of course, I am willing to scrap my "birth plan" if BB or I are in any danger or distress. I go back in 2 weeks and will have a Group B Strep test. I will be 36 weeks at my next appt. I cannot believe how incredibly close we are getting to BB's arrival!

We attended our last childbirth class last night. What we learned was not Earth shattering, but it was nice to meet some other parents who are expecting and getting to ask questions. I learned some stuff I didn't know, and Lewis, well, he got better at solitaire on his phone. :) Granted, Lewis has a clinical degree, so a lot of it he already knows from his various schooling, but he apparently can multi-task because he did ask some questions that were useful. We will be attending one more class in mid-March that covers breastfeeding (me!) and a Daddy Boot Camp for him.

Oh, and there was a 15 year old high school girl in our childbirth class who is due in 2 weeks. I automatically don't like her for 2 reasons.

1) She has only gained 6 lbs the ENTIRE pregnancy. She announced this wonderful factiod last week. She is teeny tiny and ALL belly. When she said this outloud, all of us old, married mama's-to-be quietly seethed. Or at least I did. :)

2) She is still wearing her pre-pregnancy jeans. AND SHE'S TWO WEEKS AWAY FROM HER DUE DATE! Which does not make me feel any better about some of my MATERNITY jeans already feeling kinda tight.

I'll just stop right there before I get all Judgy McJudgerson. I will just be grateful I have a healthy baby and a wonderful and supportive husband to help me raise it. :)

1 comment:

Kar said...

LOL at being judgy mcjudgerson I would've felt the same way!!