Thursday, October 09, 2008

Whoosh, Whoosh, Whoosh, Whoosh....

I heard the sweetest sound today.

It was the heartbeat of our little baby. The doctor found it with the doppler device super fast and she had to keep moving it around because the baby kept moving around.

At one point, there was a "thunk",
and she said, "Did you hear that? Do you know what that was?"

And Lewis and I are like, "What was that?"

And the doctor said, "The baby just kicked!". I can't wait until I can feel those little kicks!

We brought a little mini-cassette recorder and Lewis managed to record about 7 seconds of the heart just beating away. The doctor said it was about 140 bpm.

I keep listening to it over and over. It's my new favorite sound.

I hope to figure out a way to make it into a wave file so I can post a link to it here. Anyone want to give me any ideas on how to do that?

As for the rest of the appt, the doctor said everything looked great and was right on schedule. Out next appointment is in 4 weeks and 2 weeks after that, we have our big ultrasound that checks out all the organs and can even tell us the sex.

Woo Hoo! We are so excited!! We are really having a baby!!

2 comments:

Crissybug said...

The little heartbeat is always music to my ears! Isn't it amazing at how something so small makes such a huge impact in your life! I am so excited for you and Lewis.

And about finding out the sex...I absolutely LOVED doing it with my little Thomas. I don't know if I could have done it with my first, but if you do...that will be awesome.

Krystal R said...

Glad to hear about the good news about Baby Brown! I'll ask DH on how to make wave files, his DJ skills will be handy! I'll let you know.