Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lake of the Ozarks

Last weekend, Lewis and I went to Missouri to meet my former roommate, Robin, and her husband Aaron. Robin had very graciously invited us to go to her family's lake house on the Lake of the Ozarks.

We had a bit of trouble getting out of AMA on Thursday and ended up having to fly to DEN before we could finally get to STL...at about one in the morning! A big thank you to Aaron for picking us up at the airport at that ungodly hour!

The next morning we headed out to the lake and it was great to catch up on the drive. I really miss living in STL and it was nice to see some familiar landmarks.

To call this house a "lake house" is an understatement. It is more like a "lake mansion".

It was a featured as a Vacation Home in the STL magazine called St. Louis Homes. Yes, it's THAT awesome!

It has an elevator in it. Yes, AN ELEVATOR! It has 8 bedrooms, each with it's own bath. It has 2 levels, all beautifully decorated, as Robin's stepmom is a very well known interior designer. I think my favorite room was the upstairs patio. It is a cozy "bringing the outdoors to the indoors" type room. It's like having a family room that is outside, but it is screened in. So you get the benefits of being outside, but with no bugs!

There is also a pool with two waterfalls, and we also got to take the wave runners out on the water! It was sooo fun! I got mine up to 57 MPH early Saturday morning when there wasn't a lot of lake traffic. Later, we took the pontoon boat out for a spin.

It was a super relaxing weekend and I really enjoyed being on the water. I have not spent a lot of time at lakes, as my family always went to the beach for vacation. But I would love to go to the lake more often. I want to learn to water ski!

We also found out that Robin and Aaron are expecting their first child! I am soooo excited for them! They were married in December 2007 and the baby is due on February 20, 2009.

Congrats to them!!

No comments: