Saturday, April 05, 2008

In one week....

I will be getting married in exactly one week. It seems surreal to me. Everything is pretty much ready. I have been working since this last Monday, so I've not been able to do anything wedding related except for a few things online.

I am so ready to do this! I'm excited about my family coming into town, witnessing Lewis and I exchanging vows, and becoming a wife to Lewis.

I can't wait to put on my dress.
I can't wait to have my dad walk me down the aisle.
I can't wait until Lewis sees me for the first time at the wedding.
I can't wait to say our vows.
I can't wait to put a ring on his finger.
I can't wait for the "you may now kiss the bride" moment.
I can't wait to walk back down the aisle, hand in hand, as husband and wife.
I can't wait to take pictures.
I can't wait to cut the cake and do toasts.
I can't wait to go home as husband and wife.

But I have to wait a whole week! But I am also looking forward to the wedding celebration on the 26th where we can relive the excitement again with the rest of our friends and family. A part of me wishes we were doing everything the same day with everyone there. But I really like the fact that our ceremony will be small and intimate. I know it will be very special. But it's going to be so fun to cut loose and have a blast at the Celebration!

Lewis' bachelor party is today. They are going to the shooting range, playing pool, and I think having a BBQ.

I am not having a bachelorette party. I was never one of those "wild and crazy go party" girls.

One, I have a low alcoholic tolerance.
Two, I don't like smoke.
Three, I don't like being in a place that is so loud you have to scream to perhaps be heard.

If I had a bachelorette party, I'd rather do some sort of spa-like stuff such as facials and pedicures, order some pizza, drink margaritas, watch some cheesy chick-flicks, and have a slumber party type thing.

I get to do pedicures with April and Karol on Friday and I am looking forward to that! I wish my sisters lived closer. It has been awesome having April in town the last few weeks.

Work has been busy and exhausting this week. I had origianlly planned to work throuhg Wednesday, but Lewis talked some sense into me and I will be taking the whole week off. I get off work tonight in Chicago, but I will spend Sunday there with Karol and Brandon. I'll fly home sometime on Monday. I am so grateful that my job allows me so much flexibilty and travel privileges. 5 airlines announced this week they were going out of business. I am thankful mine is not one of them.

Cross you fingers for good weather in a week!!!

No comments: