Thursday, April 10, 2008

Less than 48 hours...

In less than 48 hours, I will be married.

I can't wait! Everything is pretty much ready. I cannot think of anything that has not been taken care of.

All my immediate family is coming into town tomorrow. It puts a smile on my face to know they will all be with me when I get married. My emotions towards the wedding are different than I thought they would be. I find myself being more nostalgic and sentimental about it.

Karol and Brandon were originally flying in on American Airlines, but AA has cancelled thousands of flights this week because of maintanence issues. I Fed Ex'd Karol some buddy passes yesterday to have as backup, and they will end up using them because their specific flight was cancelled. I'm glad they are not going to miss out on anything.

I surprised Lewis with a couples massage appointment today. He had never had a professional massage before. I think he liked it. I always do!

We also took his nephew, Calan, to the chapel to have him practice lighting the candles. I have to give the kid credit...he did awesome!

Tomorrow night is the dinner at the Ranch, hosted by Dr. High and Becky. It's supposed to get cold, like 31 degrees! Becky is a great cook, so I am excited to see what's on the menu.

It was soooo windy today. A part of me is glad we are having an indoor ceremony. At one point, Lewis and I had discussed getting married at the Ranch. But the weather can be so unpredictable in the panhandle in April, so we opted to go with the chapel. I am glad I am not having to worry about rain, even though I don't want it to rain.

I think this may be my last post until after the wedding. If I get a chance, I will post on Saturday. If not, then as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Crissybug said...

I am so excited for you Elisa! I can't believe that YOUR day is here already. I will be thinking about you and Lewis. I hope that everything turns out the way you have dreamed it. I can't wait to see pictures! You will make such a beautiful bride!