Monday, March 10, 2008

33 more days!

It's only 33 more days till the wedding! I am so flipping excited!

Wedding invites went out on Saturday. All 8 of them. I love them. They are on 120lb Opal paper and look very romantic and elegant. At least I think they do. I wanted to get them engraved, but it was pricey for only a small amount.

I was a little late on the etiquette time line for getting them out, but the people who are getting an invitation all knew the date ahead of time. Etiquette states that invitations should go out 6-8 weeks from the date of the event. I got them out at 5 weeks. I guess we technically didn't need wedding invitations, but I can't imagine not having them. Plus, I need one for the scrapbook. Not that I know anything about scrapbooking, but I can at least throw one in the book my shower hostesses bought for me.

The majority of the Celebration Invites are going out today! I abso-fricking-lutely love love love them! They came out better than I thought they would. I had a friend of a friend make them, but I designed and worded them. Of course, I asked Lewis for his input, but he gave me the same answer as he gives for most things concerning the wedding: "It doesn't matter" or "Whatever you think". He was happy with them, too.

I had my first dress fitting last Friday. It makes it feel so real and so close! I think I look beautiful in my dress and I can't wait for Lewis to see me on our wedding day. I still haven't made a concrete decision on how I am going to wear my hair. I have done 3 hair trials so far and I like the look ofit up, but my hair is longer than it has ever been and I know Lewis likes it down. But the dress has a very detailed back and my hair covers it when it's down. Oh, well, I guess we'll see. I know in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter, but you know me. :)

April had begun her clinical at BSA, so she was able to do some wedding stuff with me this weekend. It's alot more fun doing it with someone, rather than alone. I think I'm going to depend on her a lot in the days leading up to the wedding. I'm glad she's in town!

Off to the florist...

No comments: