Friday, June 01, 2007

Recent Wrap Up

I cannot believe it's already JUNE. The year seems to be flying by.

It seems like I have been super busy the last few weeks. I worked six days in a row in mid-May, then had a long Memorial Day Weekend with Lewis, and now I'm flying 6 days in a row AGAIN...but these 6 days are for time and a half. Ahhh, the lure of extra money makes me do some crazy things. Nothing illegal, mind you, but what kind of sane person would opt to fly around the country for a week, living out of a suitcase, eating out of a portable cooler, sleeping in hotels, and showering in showers where I bet if the walls could take pictures, would have some interesting ones to share.

It was nice to have a long weekend with Lewis. We worked on the condo A LOT and it's starting to take shape and look awesome. It's gonna look even better when we finish with it. I have the responsibility of texturing the walls before we paint them. So I've been doing some research on different textures and the techniques to use. All I am sure of at this point is that it will involve joint compund and I will practice inside a closet before I tackle the public walls of the living room and bedroom. If anyone who reads this has any helpful suggestions, please feel free to share them, because my texturing will start late next week.

When we weren't working at the condo, we spent some time at the home of some friends. They have a really cool negative edge pool (that is not me in the picture, just one I grabbed from the Web), and a hot tub that feels delicious after a hard day's work. We socialize a lot with them and they are always hosting several couples at their house. Add some snacks, some adult beverages, some good music, and good company, and it's a great way to spend the evening.

Lewis and I will be going to Anson for Father's Day. We haven't been since December, (See? The year has FLOWN by!) and we haven't see my parents since late February. I got to see them in early May in Clifton at my aunt and uncle's vow renewals , but it's always nice to go back to the house I was raised in and enjoy the slow pace that Anson provides. Plus, April will be there, and hopefully Ricky, so it'll good to see everyone.

I'm currently on day 2 of 6 days of working. I'm in Providence, RI, but will be in
LAX tonight. Back to Chicago on Saturday night, heading out to Nashville on Sunday, Portland on Monday (woohoo! tax free shopping at Nordstrom's Rack!) and I return to Chicago on Tuesday night.

Then I get to make the trek back to Amarillo early Wednesday morning. It'll be at least 3 legs and 6 hours to get me there.

I'm so glad warm weather is finally here. Lewis' birthday is coming up on the 12th.

That's all for now.

No comments: