Friday, May 05, 2006

Back to the grind...

Today is my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Ricardo! I won't tell you how old he is turning, but I will tell you he definitely doesn't look his age. I think he looks (and acts!) younger.

I just finished flying 3 days, and today I am starting another 3 day. I had a great crew on my last trip. It went pretty smooth. I did have a provisioner get mad at me in PHX because I asked him what size shoes he wore. I made a comment about how small his feet were, and he lit into me saying that "that's why I don't talk to you people (meaning FA's). If I said something like that to you, you'd write me up. So I just do my job and try not to talk to you". Geez. Get a grip, dude. I was just trying to make conversation. I run into moody provosioners all the time. Do I assume all of them are crabs? No. So why don't you reserve judgement for each individual FA until you meet them? Don't make me pay for the sins of other FA's who may have ticked you off.

In other flying news, it is apparently good manners to blatantly ask someone "what are you?". As in what ethnicity/nationality. I had 2 men and one woman ask me that in the last 3 days. One said I looked like his daughter, who is a mix of Greek and Filipino. And the woman said I looked like her niece, who is Mexican and Vietnamese. And then the other man told me I looked exotic ( I hope he didn't mean the dancing type!) and that "they keep making you (meaning FA's) younger and more beautiful all the time". That last man looked like he was in his 70's.

When I tell them that my dad is from Mexico and my Mom is Mexican, but was born here, they're like "Are you sure"? What do you mean am I sure? Of course I'm frickin' sure! Unless there is something someone is not telling me. But there does seem to be some sort of Pacific influence somewhere. I'd love to know more about my ancestory.

Still no pictures from the Ball. According to an email I received, I should hopefully have them this weekend.

I'll be in SAN and PVD this weekend, hopefully making it back to STL late Sunday night. Hockey starts back up on Monday and I am excited about that.

Have a great weekend and Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

Karol Cabbiness said...

I get the Filipino thing a lot too.