Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm back...did you miss me? *grin*

Not much new to report. I'm still a flight attendant. I'm still working out. I'm still single.

MWMWWW is a touch and go. He is/was a Captain in an Infantry Ranger Unit. I accompanied him to a military ball this past weekend as friends. That's what we are. It was so much fun to dress up in formal wear, get my hair done at the salon, and put on make-up and high heels. I felt so beautiful and so sexy. I'd post pictures, but yours truly does not own a digital camera. So I have to wait until his friends email me some. My dress rocked. Halter cut, long and black and cut low. He wore his military dress blues. He looked so handsome, and together, we made a gorgeous couple. I spent the entire weekend with him and we had a great time. In addition to the ball, we went to a shooting range and shot a new gun he bought. It's not your normal everyday gun; it's a friggin' military assualt type weapon. AK-15 or something, I think. I got to shoot it. He says I did well. He taught me the 4 fundamentals of shooting : 1) Steady, 2) Breathing, 3) Sight, and 4) Trigger. There's more to it than that, but those are the keywords I remember. I also got to meet his 2 best friends and their SO's. Nice girls.

I also found eye liner. To all the girls out there, this may mean nothing. But it was a huge revelation to me. It came about by me wanting to wear a bit more than my normal lipstick and mascara to the ball. What I know about makeup could fit in a thimble. My mom didn't let me wear makeup until I was 15, and by then, I was Miss Tomboy Athlete and had no interest. Plus, I am blessed with great skin. I wore minimal blush once in a blue moon in HS, discovered mascara somewhere in college, and made my way to lip liner and lipstick after I graduated from college. That's been my mainstay the last several years. Easy on, easy off.

But I digress...

I wasn't going to pay someone to do my makeup for the night, so I was like, "Elisa, what can you do to be a bit more dramatic and formal? Aha! Try eye liner." So I did. Cheap-o Target Loreal stuff. But oh my freakin' goodness! Eye liner rocks! Totally pops my eyes! And after several practice sessions, I can make a straight line. I'm so excited about it I have to force myself not to over apply or else I'll end up looking like a whore. Three cheers for eye liner! But next time I know to buy waterproof.


MWMWWW and I also watched United 93. I threw up during the movie. Really, I did. He asked me if I was going to be able to watch it considering my job, and I was like "Of course. I know the story. I know what happens". But watching it made me sick to my stomach. I felt anger, I felt sadness, I felt fear. I would not watch it again. God help the person who tries to overtake my airplane because I will so pulverize their face to a bloody pulpy mess with the fire extinguisher and jab their eyeballs out with a broken wine bottle after I split open their guts.

Umm, did I just write that?

Alrighty, that's enough for tonight. I will post pictures of the ball as soon as I get some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo for another post...and yes we did miss you. and next time you make a comeback you may want to tone down your violent nature (just kidding).
april