Monday, February 04, 2013

Joy and Pain

When I was about 12 or 13 years old, my family went to a family reunion on my mom's side.  I got to meet "cousins" around my age that I'd never met before, and I honestly don't think I've met them since.  They were much more "worldly" than my brother and I as evidenced by their interests and clothing and the rest of the stuff I thought was so cool about them.  I remember the boy dancing to a certain hip hop song called "Joy and Pain".  The tune was quite catchy. For some odd reason, I've remembered it since, probably because such "music" was off limits in the Franco house.

So I tell you that to caption the two pictures below.  

One of pure JOY...


He attended a classmate's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.


...and one of Pain.


Poor Bishop ran into a wall/corner while being chased by Britton. He cried and when I went to console him, he snuggled up to me for quite a while.  Britton was very very sweet and rubbed Bishop's shoulder gently and patted him telling him it was "okay".

No comments: