Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blizzard 2013

This happened on Monday and Tuesday.


My backyard


View from my front door


This was a street about 10 miles from our house.

Amarillo officially received NINETEEN inches of snow in a 24 hr period. I was glad to have made the trek for groceries on Sunday.  I also had the foresight to move lots of firewood next to the backdoor for easy retrieval.  Winds were gusty, with one gust reported at 75mph.  Snow drifts were up to 5ft in some places.  The boys are I were housebound for THREE days.  We were warm and we had plenty of food.  We also had lots of TV time, crafty time, and silly time, along with some "I want to pull my hair out" time. :)

Bishop "coloring".  He actually colors pretty well for his age. He holds the pencil/pen/crayon very well.  This activity held his interest for goo 20-30 minute intervals.

 We roasted marshmallows in the fireplace.



Books were read.


Masterpieces were painted.

TV was watched.  Thank goodness for Netflix and Amazon.


Weenies were roasted.

Britton played in the snow. (this was when there had been considerable melting of the snow).


He would dive into the deeper drifts.



While Bishop stayed inside and played "fort".  Another useful idea for the Learning Tower: cover with a blanket and "instant" fort!  Poor Bishop, he hated the sand this past summer at the beach, and now he isn't a fan of the snow.



I remember a similar snow storm 2 years ago.  Even though this once was more snow and we were housebound longer, it made a HUGE difference not enduring it while 30+ wks pregnant.

I'm ready for spring. 


No comments: