Monday, November 14, 2011

7 months



Bishop is 7 mo old.  How did we get here so fast?

He pretty much sleeps through the night.  Once in a while, he wakes up and can't find his pacifier.  But he no longer eats at night.  I cannot tell you how happy this makes me.  He wakes up around 7am.  Bath is about 6:30 or 6:45.  We are slaves to the bedtime routine so we don't get out much in the evening.  But hey, in the end, we have healthy and happy and well rested children!  That trumps a lot of unnecessary evening crap.  If we HAVE to be somewhere, we hire a sitter.

He is still in size 3 diapers during the day.  He is in size 4 Huggies Overnights at night.

He is wearing 12 mo clothes.  He is huge.

He is an eating machine.  His eating schedule is still a work in progress.  I don't know exactly what I am doing re: solids.  Oh how I WISH I had written down explicit details about what I did with Britton so I could refer back to them.  But then again, this kid isn't exactly following his brother's footsteps, so who's to say their eating habits would be the same?  So with that in mind, my ideal schedule for him would be four 7 oz bottles a day and 2-3 solids a day.  How much solids?  That is the million dollar question. :)

He loves baths now.  He has quite the temper.  He can push up really high when doing tummy time.  He can sit on his own for a minute or two.  Our concrete floors are not really conducive to practice sitting. :(

He looks SO much like Lewis and the Brown side of the family.

He is mesmerized by Britton.  Thankfully, Britton loves him to pieces.

Oh, and those cute Carharrt's he's wearing?  Too small.  I pretty much had to cram him into them.  They fit him about capri length in case you can't tell from the picture.  I let the straps out as far as they would go, but I'm sure his crotch is not too comfy.  And yes, he was changed out of them as soon as we were done with the pictures.  Britton wore them for his 7 month picture as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cheeks....

suzanngriffin said...

That cracks me up about the eating ... I'm with ya ... who knows how Graham will eat. And I did write down very specifically what I served Miles and when and plan to follow it again because it worked well, but things could be very different. We are opposite on our boys in regard to birth weight/huge (Miles was the big boy, Graham is more average.). Miles was a HUGE eater. We could hardly keep up with his hunger! So ... it will be interesting, as it is for you.