Tuesday, October 25, 2011


Lewis had a PMI conference in Grapevine.  It was at the Gaylord Texan.  It was a perfect opportunity for me to get a break from being a mom, and for me to have some alone time with myself and with my husband.

We had planned on going to Ruth's Chris in Dallas for his birthday in June, but when we got notice of the conference, we decided to postpone our little trip.  Afterall, if BSA is going to pay for the room and his flight, why not? :)

He left on Wednesday evening.  My mom and dad came into town on Friday afternoon so I could fly out Friday night.  Once it got time for me to leave, I actually comtemplated staying.  Bishop had developed a diaper rash, and I felt bad leaving my boys.

But I got on the plane.  It had been since the end of January since I'd been on an airplane.  It was nice to breathe in the "airplane" smell.  :)

My flight didn't get into Dallas until 10:30pm.  I was TIRED.  But we went over to our friends house, Spencer and Todd.  Spencer was Lewis' roommate at ACU his freshman year.  Spencer and Todd just bought a house that is literally 3 miles from Love Field.  Can you say impromptu crashpad?  And they have a third car for my use.  They are super nice and super generous!

Saturday, I awoke at 6am...just like I do at home.  I did not sleep well.  Lewis got up and had meetings/workshops until 4pm.  So I ordered room service, and took my time getting ready for the day.  I ended up going to Grapevine Mills and buying a few things.  It was glorious to not talk to anyone, not be in a hurry, and not be tied down by a schedule.  I came back, took a nap, and then Lewis and I went out to dinner.  Dinner was not as good as the previous time, but it was still nice to be one-on-one.  After dinner, we went back to the hotel and had a few drinks at the bar.

Sunday, we slept in until 9!  Got up, got ready, and went shopping together.  Loved it!  Mainly it was shopping for some work clothes for him, but we did get the kids a couple of things.  I had gotten myself some stuff the previous day.  We hit up Nordstrom Rack, Central Market, Chipolte, Buy Buy Baby, and Bass Pro.

Once we were done, Lewis went to the keynote speaker address, which with Malcolm Gladwell.  He said it was awesome.  I just stayed in the room and watched the World Series.

We woke up at 4 am so I could try to get on the 6am departure for Amarillo.  All the flights all day were SO full.  I really didn't have hope that I would get on and was prepared to buy a ticket.  But the first flight that had a ticket to buy was the 5pm departure.  Luckily, it all worked out and I was back in Amarillo before 7:30.

I took a nap while my parents watched the kids and then it was back to reality.

Lewis has another work conference in Las Vegas in November and I am super duper excited to accompany him!

No comments: