Friday, July 01, 2011

Worry and Fear

Today, my parents came up to pick up Britton.  They are taking him to San Antonio for almost a week.

Usually, I am THRILLED when they want to take him a few days to spend time with him.  It gives me a breather from toddler-life and gives me a chance to give Bishop 100% of my attention.  I have not cried about them taking him since the very first time he visited all by himself.

But this time, I cried.  I worry about him.  I get scared that something horrific will happen to him.  That he'll be in a car accident.  That he'll run into traffic.  That he'll be snatched by a stranger.  I realize that all those horrible things could happen while he's with me, but it just terrifies me to think they could happen and I wouldn't be there to save him, if I could even try.

I know he loves spending time with his Meemaw and Paca.  And they love spending time with him.

But I still worry.

Prayers to God for my baby safety and some quotes are making this easier.

"Worry doesn't lessen tomorrow's troubles...it lessens today's joy"




And from Finding Nemo:


“Marlin: How do you know that nothing bad won't happen?
Dory: I don't.”



Marlin:  I promise I won't let anything happen to you.
DOry:  that’s a funny thing to promise. if nothing ever happens to him, then nothing will ever happen to him.


I love you mijo, Come back to me safe and sound!

No comments: