Friday, May 06, 2011

Britton's antics and Bishop is 3 weeks and my weight

(pics to come later)  I just didn't want to get so far behind in posting that I'd forget stuff.

So, I've been on my own as a mother of two for a total of 6 days, if you count the one day last week.

And honestly, it's not as terrrifying as I thought it would be.  Exhausting, yes. Do-able, absolutely.  Tiring, hells yeah.  I can't believe I ever complained about just watching one child.  Bhahahahahahahahaha!

I've even left the house with both in tow.  What am I supposed to do?  Leave one at home?  Not leave the house at all?  It takes a little longer to get out the door, but I'm sure we will all improve as time passes.

Milestones this week:

Bishop moved upto size 1 diapers. The NB size was all "saggy pants" on him. As in his crack hung out the back.   I was afraid he'd poop and it would all come squirting up his back.

Speaking of poop, Bishop is pooping like a champ!  No more "playdough" type caca!  It's yellow, and creamy, amd regular!;)

Bishop is awake a lot more than he was the first two weeks.  But it's still hit or miss on what times he naps and what times he is awake.  I cannot wait to get this kid on a schedule and for him to sleep more than 3-4 hours ina row.  I've been rereading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", and I know it's gonna be tough to be as much of a NAZI  diligent with his naps and schedule since we have Britton in the picture and he has his own needs as well.

Bishop lost his cord stump at exactly 2 weeks and he lost his circumcision ring two days before that.  He is up to eating 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours.

Bishop is definitely lighter skinned than me, and he seems to have reddish/brownish hair.  Even though his eyes are blue right now (as were Britton's at this age), sometimes I think they are going to end up hazel or green because of the "specks" I see in them.

In Britton news, he is into EVEYRTHING.  And his vocabualry has increased TREMENDOUSLY. Be careful what you say around him because he will repeat it.  His sleep is not as good as it used to be.  I kinda want to say it's because we are not "out and about" like we used to therefore he is not as tired, but his naps have dropped from a consistent 2-3 hours to 1.5-2 hrs.  He also fights going to sleep at night.  And he's been waking up from 7-7:30. whereas he used to wake up between 7:30 and 8am.

I attribute his jump in words to either 1) his age and/or 2) the fact that he was moved up to the 2 year old class at MDO. He had been in the 12-18 mo class since August with no plans to move him up until June.  I put my foot down in late Feb/early March and told them he was to be moved up by April 1.  And he was.  And he is excelling!

Two things I want to share here so I don't forget are two things he did this past week.  Both are things we DO NOT want him repeating, but for the sake of remembering them, I am blogging about them.

Britton managed to unscrew the lightbulb from his bedside lamp.  I have NO idea who or where he learned this.  But he also had the smarts to balance the bulb carefully on top when he realized he could not screw it back in.  So when I went to turn on the lamp, and it wouldn't turn on, I wondered if perhaps Lewis or my mom had unscrewed it.  After screwing the bulb back in, Lewis walked in on Britton unscrewing it again later that night. 

Also, when I open the door from the house to the garage, I push the garage door open button while Britton runs to the garage door trying to "touch" it before it gets too high up for him to reach. (I can see now in retrospect that this was not a good idea to let him think this was okay).  A few days ago, this exact scenario happened, EXCEPT Britton made it to the door in plenty of time to not only TOUCH the door as it went up, but HUNG ON TO IT AND WAS RAISED UP ABOUT A FOOT OFF THE GROUND before he let go and feel to the ground on his feet.  I was flabbergasted to see this.. Never did I imagine 1) Britton would hold on,and 2) that the door could sustain his weight!  I wanted to spank him, but I started laughing after seeing him safely on the ground.  So he didn't get a spanking, but I no longer let him run to the door when I push the garage door button.  I shudder to think what would have happened if he hadn't let go until he was further up and ended up busting his head open on the concrete floor.  Que no lo mande Dios!

In me news, I am down to the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant with Bishop.  In only 3 weeks!  (I'm actually one pound under, but still down!)  Woot Woot! 

But the bad news is that I never lost all the weight I had gained with Britton, so I still have a ways to go to get rid of that extra fluff.  But I WILL do it.  I can't exercise right now because of the csection, but I CAN watch what I eat and portion sizes, so I am doing that in the meantime. 

I know Lewis wants his skinny wife back and I want my skinny body back!  My goal is to weigh no more than 130 by December 31, 2011.  I weighed 127 when I got married, and the lowest I ever got while working out with Chad was 118 (while sick) and 123 (while healthy).  So I would be thrilled with 130.

I have no idea if my old clothes will fit on me at 130lbs because I hear that even if you get down to your previous weight before kids, that your body shape is different.  We shall see.

1 comment:

april said...

woo hoo! you can totally do it!