Thursday, April 28, 2011

2 weeks

My mom is back!  ;) 

And I can drive once again.  I am still on weight lifting restrictions, which sucks, but at least I can drive.

We took Bishop to his 2 week check up today.  He weighed in at an even 10 lbs and grew an inch to be 23 inches.  WOW.  Both put him in the 95% for babies his age.  He has been having some eating difficulties, so we are switching him to Similac Sensitive Formula.  He has been gassy and fussy after eating, and he even acts like he's hungry, but then when he realizes what he's eating, he doesn't want to eat anymore. He also was straining hard to poop and was only pooping maybe every other day, when in the hospital he was much more regular.

(EDIT:  After one day, he is eating and sleeping and burping and pooping SOOOOO much better.  I hope this was the easy fix it looks like it was!)

We also went back to BSA for his PKU blood draw.  I timed it with his afternoon feeding and he didn't even flinch when they pricked his heel and squeezed!

He is a good baby.  We have really tried to keep Britton on his schedule, but he is definitely having his growing pains.  Lots of tears and tantrums, but also lot of love and puzzles going around!

Wednesday was my first day alone ALL day with BOTH boys.  We all survived.  I didn't even cry once. ;)  I am very proud of that.  It went better than I thought it would.  After my mom leaves on Sunday, I will be on my own for 2 weeks, until she comes back for a weekend.  Pray for me!

Here are some pics from this past week:


Love love love these boys!


He really looks like Britton, don't ya think?


My inlaws with the boys


 Britton.  This picture deserves a blog post of its own.  LOL. 


Trying out the ERGO for the first time.  We both LOVED it!


2 comments:

april said...

he looks so much like britton! cant wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

he looks so cute and soft and cuddly! And you should write the blog on Britton's pic....make sure to include our IM conversation.