Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Christmas 2010


I am so bummed we didn't get any pictures Christmas morning.  All we have is video.  The pictures you will see later are from Christmas night.

On Christmas Eve, we went over to Lewis' parent's house, like we always do.  We ordered pizza and wrapped presents.  This has been the tradition in Lewis' family since he can remember.

On Christmas morning, we headed over about 8am and had breakfast brunch like we always do.  Britton went over in his Christmas Fleeve Footed Sleeper.  He looked so cute.

After breakfast, we opened gifts.  Britton had a blast opening the first few gifts.  But then he got bored with his and wanted to either pkay with his new stuff or see what everyone else was opening.  He must have been a good boy this year because he recieved at train block set, an airplane, a tractor, socks, pajamas, hat and gloves, and airplane, and books.

Lewis and Britton got me awesome gifts.  I seriously cried when I opened them because I was so floored with their generosity.  I have been wanting/needing a jewelry box and Britton gave me this one. I absolutely love it!

And Lewis and I had discussed not exchaning gifts.  Britton would get me a gift and Britton would get Lewis a gift.  So I didn't get Lewis a gift from me.  But he didn't follow the rules and got me something.  I love love love love it.  But I felt like a heel since I didn't get him anything.  He bought me a netbook. And a cover. 

Britton got Lewis a frame with this picture in it.



With this poem next to it:

Child's Footprints Poem

"Walk a little slower Daddy" said a child so small,

"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.



Sometimes your steps are very fast,

Sometimes they're hard to see;

So walk a little slower, Daddy,

For you are leading me.



Someday when I'm all grown up,

You're what I want to be;

Then I will have a little child

Who'll want to follow me.



And I would want to lead just right,

And know that I was true,

So walk a little slower, Daddy,

For I must follow you."

Unknown Author






And here are the few pictures we took Christmas night.







1 comment:

Becky said...

I love that picture of Lewis & Britton! Such a sweet picture of the 2 of them! Great poem to go with it too!