Friday, August 13, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

At the beginning of August, we had the annual family reunion on my Mom's side.  It was at Susie's house and I can honestly say it was one of the better reunions we have had.  Susie has a large nice patio that has ceiling fans to keep the breeze going and sunshades the keep the afternoon sun out.  There was a trampoline, horseshoes, and BEST OF ALL, a POOL!  What a difference a pool makes!

It was so so so hot, but we had a great time.  Britton was running all over the place, but we stayed pretty much on his schedule and he did great.

There were several family members that made it down and it was SO good to see them!  Some I had not seen in probably in at least 15 years.  My brother and his family made it and so did my two sisters.  It's always great when the whole Franco clan is back in Anson!

We left Britton with my mom for a few extra days.  Two days after we got back, we found out Britton is going to be a big brother!

I kinda had a feeling and took a home pregnancy test on Monday night, but the line was kinda faint and I didn't know if it was a real line or a shadow.  I had an appt with my doctor the next day to make sure I didn't have an UTI for our upcoming trip to Colorado so I asked her to do a pregnancy test as well.  When she came back she said, "Well, you don't have a UTI, but you do have a baby!". 

I took the test and went to the hospital to tell Lewis.  And of course he asked e the same thing he asked me when I told him I was pregnant with Britton: "Are you sure?".  This time, I tossed the positive test on his desk. ;)

I called my immediate family that same day and it's so funny because everyone but Ric said, "Are you kidding me?!?!".  But they are all thrilled and so are we!

I'm not sure on the exact due date.  With Britton, I charted and could tell you the exact date of ovulation and conception.  With this one, I'm not quite sure. ;)

We won't be making it totally public until our first appointment on Sept 23.

No comments: