Monday, September 21, 2009

Forgive me...

I think he looks SO much like Lewis in this picture!



And I love this one because he looks so happy! He wore his little tennis shoes, too.


Love this face!!





Our dog and Britton




"What?!?!? You don't say!!"





This is one of my favorite pictures of Britton. It was taken after one of our morning walks.



It has been a crazy two weeks.

I didn't post about Britton's 24 weeks because I had a crazy Monday. And then on Tuesday, he and I took a quick trip to Anson. We came back on Wedneswday at noon. I was exhausted when we got back. But Britton did pretty good on the road trip. We got to visit my mom at her school and my dad at the cotton gin. My parents took off Wednesday morning, and they let me sleep in while they took Britton for some "grandparent time" and breakfast. It was too short of a trip, but we will see them again this coming weekend.

Last Thursday, I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get stuff done that I hadn't done earlier in the week. And I needed to get things ready for me going back to work.

YES. I HAVE RETURNED TO FLYING.

I left Friday morning, and cried. And cried some more. But I did manage to make it to DAL and only called to check on Britton 3 times the WHOLE day. He behaved beautifully for his Grammie and his Daddy. Lewis' mom kept him all day on Friday and also all day today. Lewis kept him over the weekend.

Britton seems to have stayed on schedule. I wrote out a 5 page "routine" for Britton so Lewis and my MIL would now what to expect and what type of day Britton is used to having.

I was in FLL on Friday and Saturday, and spent the night in DAL on Sunday night. Today, I had recurrent training in DAL and I'll get home tonight about 8:30pm if everyhting goes on schedule.

So my baby is 25 weeks today. And I wasn't there to take any pcitures. ;(

But I am sooooooo excited about seeing him tonight, even though he will be sleeping by the time I get home. I can't wait to see his beautiful, smiling face in the morning. We are also supposed to get a cold front in tonight and I am ready for FALL WEATHER!

I have to tell you the cutest story about what happened on the plane last night. We were on our last leg, BHM to DAL, and we had a little 7 year old boy who ended up sitting between two older ladies because there were no seats together for him to sit with his mom. I noticed the little boy was talking these women's ears off. So after service, I figured I would let him pick up some trash to give the ladies a break and to entertain the boy.

He was thrilled when I asked if he wanted to pick up trash. He donned the plastic gloves and took a trash bag and went through the cabin. I made an announcement that "Thomas" was coming through the cabin and he was helping us out tonight. He was so excited and he did a great job. When he finished, he asked me what else he could do. As I was thinking, he asked if he could pass out drinks. I had to say no. ;) But I gave him some wings and he passed them out to the small kids we had on board. When he was done, he came up to me, and asked "By the way, am I getting paid?". I had to smile. And I said, "Sweetie, I don't think so. But next time, you should ask that question BEFORE you do the work". He was fine with the answer but he was just so cute! I know Britton is still a baby, but it made me miss him so much.


And today at Recurrent Training, we were recertified in CPR. One of the trainers was acting silly and starting doing CPR on a dummy to the tune of "Stayin' Alive". It was hilarious.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

am I getting paid? SO funny!