Sunday, September 21, 2008

Firewood

The first day of Fall is tomorrow! I think it is my favorite season. I picked up our winter firewood on Friday and I can't wait for it to get cool enough to build a fire. We also have fireplace out on the back porch and we're excited to use it, too!

We have gotten our wood at the same place for the last 3 years. I have always picked it up, so I know the drill on what it costs, how they load it, etc. Where we buy it is primarily a propane place that sells propane and items associated with propane. So the employees are all male. I have never seen a female employee.

Anyways, I always get the impression that they think I'm an idiot when it comes to buying wood. It's not that hard, ya know? I asked for a 1/2 cord and the man asks, "Are you sure you'll burn that much?" I then tell him that we have gotten that amount the last three years and it's just the right amount. Then he asks me if that's the truck I am taking it home in, as he points to Lewis' truck. I tell him yes. The he tells me he doesn't think it will all fit in the bed. Ummm, yes it will. It has the last 2 years and I am sure it will fit this year, too.

So I finally pay for it and back the truck up to the back lot where they have the wood and they start to load it. And I get the "Are you sure it will fit in the bed" question.

Again.

Grrr.

Yes. It will.

So they load it and guess what?

It fits perfectly. Just like I said.

And then I got home and Lewis unloaded it onto our firewood holder that my dad welded for us. I love the look of a full firewood rack.

C'mon cold weather!!!

Baby News:
I have been soooo tired. I slept like a log this weekend and STILL managed to take a nap. I thought the fatigue was supposed to be mainly in the first trimester. I am almost to my second trimester. I also got my maternity uniforms for work. If you know how our uniform pants fit, you'll understand why they don't go very far in a pregnancy. I have been having to wear them unbuttoned and then wearing my sweater over the waist because our uniform shirts are required to be tucked in. But it gets really hot wearing that sweater when flying through LAS and PHX. So I think I may be busting out the maternity uniform this week at work.

No comments: