Monday, July 21, 2008

Wait. Here it comes. I can feel it now....

At work last week, we were flying from FLL to HOU. It's about a 3 hour flight. At some point in the flight, a man stops me as I am walking down the aisle.

Man: "Excuse me, do you know the time difference?"

Me: "The time difference between FLL and HOU is one hour. FLL is on eastern time, and HOU is on central time".

Man: "Has it happened yet?"

Me: "The time change? It happens whenever you want it to happen. You can change your watch to the correct time when we take off or when we land."

Man: (waves his hand at me like he's trying to shoo me away) "You don't get it."

Me: "I'm sorry. Please explain it to me so that I can understand you."

Man: "Well, have we flown over it yet? The place where the time changes?"

Me: "I don't know exactly where we are, sir."

Idiot.

It's not like you can feel the freaking time change.

Why don't you look at your watch closely and see if the hands jump from time zone to time zone? Let me know when you see something.

No comments: