Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Math, the only way I know it.

Lewis and I both got back home yesterday. He had been fishing in Colorado and I had been at work.

I asked him if he knew what he date was later that evening. Of course, he said no. I have finally faced the fact that Lewis has millions of talents, but that date recollection is not one of them. And that's okay. It's one of my talents and I'll compensate for him.

Yesterday was Lewis and mine's 2 year dating anniversary.

As far as our wedding anniversay, I know he will not forget it because I specifically (and luckily!) made the date easy to remember.

When Lewis proposed in October, he wanted the wedding to be "soon", but not during hunting season (surprise,surprise!). So that knocked out everything through January 2008. We considered February, but I thought it would be too cold, and that we wouldn't have enough time to plan. March was my birthday and it might still be too cold, so we settled on April. Lucky for me, April the 12th was a Saturday. So it would be 04-12-08.

Here's where my mathamatical savant-ness comes in:

Lewis and I were both born on the 12th of our birthday months. That's why I wanted the 12th.

Our ages are four years apart. April is the 4th month of the year.

He was born in 1972. I was born in 1976. The "2" and the "6" add up to "8". Hence, 2008.

I'm weird.

I know.

No comments: