Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Husband

Yesterday was Lewis' birthday. He is 36 years young. It was nice to be able to pick out a card that was grouped under "husband birthday" instead of the generic "birthday love" category. Small detail, but it meant a lot to me.

His family has a tradition of going out to eat on birthdays. So we went to Dyer's BBQ last night. Lewis had liked the prime rib they has catered at an NRA banquet, so we decided to see if it was as good in the restaurant. Unfortunately, they only serve prime rib on Fridays and Saturdays.

So he ordered the Chicken Fried Steak. (If you know me, you know this MY death row meal). He generously offered me a bite and it was YUMMY!

We were joined by his mom and dad, his brother, and his niece and nephew. After dinner, we went over to his parent's house for dessert. Nancy made a Lemon Pie. Calan, his nephew, was very proud that he got to arrange the candles on the pie. He arranged them in the letter" L" for Lewis.

We sang happy birthday and ate pie. Lewis then opened his gifts. He received 2 gift cards, one from Lowes and one from Academy. My gift to him was getting his occupational therapy and MBA diplomas professionally framed. He's going to hang them in his office.

Lewis isn't much for fanfare, so it was a lowkey celebration. He leaves for a weeklong fishing trip on Monday and I know he's excited about it.

Happy Birthday Babe! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!! I also got a wine gift basket from Gourmet Gift Baskets and gifted to my husband on his birthday.