Sunday, November 19, 2006

I've moved, sorta.

I got done with all my flying for the month on Thursday night. I don't go back to work until the 30th. It feels so good to be able to say that! Normally, I'd fly straight to Amarillo to spend time with Lewis, but instead I flew to STL to take care of some things as I have some changes coming up in my life.

I arrived in STL on Friday and my first order of business was to go to the local Target to see if I could scrounge up some cardboard boxes. It was freezing cold and digging through the "cardboard only" dumpster was NOT fun, but thankfully, I found what I was looking for at my first stop. I then went back to my house and started packing.

Yes, packing. Lewis and I have talked about it and we decided that it makes more sense to live in Chicago rather than split my time between STL and Chicago. I have a crashpad by the airport that I was spending more time at than I was in STL, so it only makes sense to move my homebase there. I am no longer playing hockey so there was really no reason to continue to stay in STL. I will miss the gym and my shopping options, but I hear Chicago has some great stores. So basically, I will work in Chicago, and continue to spend my days off in Amarillo with Lewis. And I will have my car in Amarillo...woo hoo!

I got a bit of packing done and then I met Lillie for a long lunch. Originally, we met for lunch so we could exchange some items that we had that belonged to the other, but we both forgot them so it just turned into a "catch up on what's going on" lunch. On the way home, I was so tempted to stop and shop at stores they don't have in Amarillo, but I was a good girl and kept on driving.

My intent was to pack some more, but I took an hour nap. When I got up, I did a bit more packing and then went to the gym to workout with Chad. It was exactly what I needed and then I took a core class afterwards. It all kicked my butt but in a "hurt so good" kind of way! It was also so good to see my friends that I hadn't seen in what seemed like forever.

I ended up packing that night until about 1am.

The next day I got up early, packed some more (I have so much crap that I don't know where it came from!), made some lunch, packed up my car with the stuff I'd need in the near future, and then made my way to the gym to have my LAST workout with Chad. Again, it was just what I needed. I was so sore from the day before, but it's one of those good sore feelings. After working out and showering, I said my goodbyes at the gym. Of course, they took forever. I made a lot of friends at the gym over the last year. The gym and the people I met there played a large role in the last year in helping me and motivating me to progress to where I am now. I will definitely miss them. I am hoping to make new friends at the gym I join in Amarillo.

I got on the road about 4:30pm, but of course ran into rush hour traffic. I made it to Tulsa a bit after midnight and stayed with my friend Christi. She's a flight attendant, too, and we met in training. ***She got engaged on Thursday*** Congratulations to her!

Saturday morning, I left Tulsa around 7:30am. I got to Amarillo almost at 2pm. It was so good to finally get here. And it was even better to see Lewis after almost 2 weeks of being apart. He and I will make a final trip to STL to drive the "big stuff" down later in December.

We are spending Thanksgiving in Anson with my family. I know I have lots to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

And congrats on all of that good stuff.