Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What's New

1) The Cards won the World Series. I saw the last 2 innings, but wouldn't you know, I turned away to listen to someone say something to me and I missed the last out. But I did get to see grown men jumping up and down like little boys.

2) Lewis and I attended a Halloween Party this past weekend. We went as a pilot and a flight attendant. How original, huh? Lewis looked absolutely genuine, especially when he put on his aviator sunglasses. I, on the other hand, looked like I was about to start selling myself on some corner in the sky. The costume I wore looks nothing like the one I wear to work. I'd post pictures, but Lewis and I are at the mercy of receiving them from friends who own digital cameras, since he and I are so technologically behind in that area. So bear with us, I promise I will post as soon as we get them.

3) I'm back at work. I did manage to get off for Thanksgiving, but I had to pay someone to take it. Now I need to pick up for money to recoup.

4) I had a mild cold this weekend. It really reared it's head on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I was a having a hard time breathing, mucus was everywhere, and I was hot. I didn't know if I'd feel well enough to come to work, but I did. Working as a flight attendant with sinus problems sucks. Your ears are constantly plugged up and it hurts.

5) I ran into a girl I went to high school with last week on the plane. She was going from STL to DAL. What are the chances?

6) I am no longer playing hockey in STL. My last session ended last week. It was a huge hassle trying to get to STL for that amidst work and Amarillo. Plus, there were some team issues going on. But Lewis was nice enough to inquire about playing hockey in Amarillo and there is actually a league I can play in. It's ice and inline. I need to get some ice equipment as that's what they play in the fall and winter.

7) Lewis and I saw "Flags of Our Fathers". It was okay, but I don't think I'd see it again. We also saw "The Departed" a couple of weeks ago. I recommend seeing it.

8) I made a new salad last night. There is a salad called Chicken Fattoush sold in our Manchester, NH hotel. It is frickin' good. I liked it so much I asked for the recipe last and duplicated it for Lewis. It was easy to make, and it's really healthy for you. The scariest part was making the dressing, but it turned out okay. Ingredients include cucumbers, kalamata olives, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion, baked chicken, and greens. I even made homemade pita chips. My mom says whenever you cook something with "love" it always tastes good.

9) St. Louis was named the worst city in the nation for crime. Good thing I'm never there. But really, they take into consideration the "CITY", not the area. The actual city is a dump. The CITY one part of St. Louis county. If they took into account the WHOLE county, the stats would look a lot different.

10) Happy Halloween!

No comments: