Monday, September 25, 2006

Tales from the Sky

I am not doing so good at this blogging business lately. Good thing I'm not getting paid for it.

Well, let's see...

I've worked 6 days straight. It was pretty uneventful except for the trashy, uncouth man who decided to pee in a plastic bag and leave it in the seatback pocket for us to find later. He asked 2 gazillion times of he could go to the lavatory and every single time we told him the seatbelt sign was on. For liabilty reasons, we can't give permission to get up while the seatbelt sign is on. But most people disregard it. He apparently is a law abiding citizen, albeit a nasty one.

Also, we had a passenger in MCI who we couldn't tell was male or female. I think we ended up deciding it was a male. He looked like a male from the chest up, but he had a belly that looked like it was pregnant. He was smoking outside the airport and flung his nasty cigarette into the street when he was done. Isn't that gross? I mean, what makes smokers think they can just litter like that? I really wanted to say something, but being that I was in uniform, and the fact that it probably wouldn't change anything, I didn't.

I found out simple things like having a microwave and refrigerator in my hotel room make me happy. For those of you who don't know, I usually take my own food with me on my trips. I save money and I eat healthier. We don't have a microwave or a fridge on the plane so having those two things in the room help tremendously.

I found a great store in DTW that sells all kinds of airline stuff. Bags, tags, clothes, and cutesy things, etc. I could have spent an hour and a fortune in there, but I made it out in 15 minutes and only $12 poorer.

I ran into a FA I flew with a few weeks back in the FA lounge on Friday. He was flipping through his MP3 player music and we sang a few songs karaoke style. We did get some strange looks from the other FA's , but who cares...it's a free country. He and I and another FA had a fun time pretend-chastizing the junior FA's when they nicked the furniture with their bags. We'd act all serious and pretend it was a huge deal, and they, being the newbies they are, got all freaked out thinking they were going to get in trouble. It's such a different atmosphere in the FA lounge on the weekends.

I go back to work on Tuesday. I can't wait for the weekend.

No comments: