Saturday, July 22, 2006

Summer is half over

I am back to work.

I've been fortunate enough to have a paid vacation the last 2 months so I've been able to pick up on a whim. I worked out of Dallas 2 weeks in a row. Dallas trips are not like Chicago trips. Dallas trips have lots of legs. Dallas trips are on our 737-500 series aircraft. Dallas trips don't pay as well. Dallas trips do not offer as much variety on where you can go. Dallas trips means you are regularly flying with people who have been here over 20 years. Dallas trips mean I have to be in die-hard regulation uniform.

Chicago trips on the other hand are more productive and pay better. Chicago trips are for the most part, flown with younger, more fun crews. Chicago trips are flown with people I normally know. Chicago trips are usually flown on 737-700 series aircraft, which are newer and nicer and can go faster. Chicago trips can take you all over the country. Chicago trips mean I can occasionally get away with color on my tennis shoes instead of sticking to the "all-white" mandate. Chicago trips mean I have a crashpad waiting for me when Iget off work late instead of having to spend the night in the lounge.

It's a perfect time to work. Lewis will be in Colorado on vacation for a week and a half. Jesus the Trainer is in Sweden on vacation this week, too. So if they're gone, I may as well be gone, too.

In an earlier post, I talked about "flipping" a trip so that I could get time and a half for it. The only thing about flipping a trip, is that you always end up with an extra straight time trip. Today I am working my "straight time because I flipped a trip" trip. And after today, it turns into an AM trip. Yes. One of those icky-have-to-get-up-early-in- the-morning trips. Argh...the things I do for time and a half.

Also, if you haven't checked out MySpace.com, you should. I, in my oh-so-old thirties, am on there, as is April. It's mainly a younger generation thing, but I've reconnected with some old friends and it's just kinda cool in general.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree with the myspace thing; and you forgot to mention that the blogs are exceptionally awesome.