Friday, March 15, 2013

Ain't nobody got time for that!

In case you haven't seen this viral video, here it it.  Please watch the whole thing.  And then know I am laughing because you can't get the song out of your head.




I showed it to Lewis when I saw it, and then a few weeks later we had friends over.  I mentioned it in passing and since they hadn't seen it, I pulled it up on YouTube on the TV.  Britton was also in the room and saw it, but I didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward to today, which is about 4-6 weeks since he saw it on TV.  We are walking into the downtown Post Office and as we make our way in, there is a rather large African American woman being very dramatic as she speaks to her friend.  I'm talking head waving like a chicken and finger pointing and a raised voice.  I really didn't pay much attention, I just wanted to get in and out.  As I opened the door to let the boys in ahead of me, Britton looked up at me and says, "Mom, don't got time for that!".  In a split second, I knew what he was referring to and I could NOT stop laughing. He said it with such a straight face.

I still snicker as I remember it.  Current media has touched my boy.  It's amazing what little sponges they are, especially when you don't think they are paying attention or doubting what they will remember.

No comments: