Friday, December 07, 2012

Pinterest projects

In case you've been living under a rock, there's this website called Pinterest.

It's like an online bookmarking site.  You see something you like, you "pin it", and save it to a folder.  Then you can come back and refer to your "pins" when needed.  

I tend to "pin" in spurts.  I need to get better about going back and actually reading/doing the things I've pinned.

I've made many a recipe from my "FOOD" folder on Pinterest, some good, some not so good. But another folder I'm loving is my "SEWING" folder.

As Britton has gotten older, he has really been rough on the knees of his jeans.  We received a few pairs as hand me downs and there were pretty thin at the knee already.  Anyone who knows me, knows I am not the type to go out and pay full retail price for jeans.  I'm probably not even going to pay a sale price for jeans, unless it's very much on sale.  

So rather than have my son wear holey jeans and make those holes even bigger, I decided to patch up the knees.  And this is where Pinterest came in.

Who wants a plain knee patch when you can have a monster/silly face knee patch?



No comments: