Monday, March 12, 2012

36 years

I turned 36 today.  I cannot believe I am closer to 40 than to 30.  In my head, I feel like I am still in my 20's.  My body, on the other hand, likes to regularly keep me in check by reminding me that I AM getting older. :)

Saturday, my parents were in town to pick up the boys for Spring Break.  Lewis and I took advantage of the free babysitting and went out to celebrate my birthday a few days early.  We went to Macaroni Joe's and had a lovely and leisurely meal.  We hadn't been there since our last anniversary, which was two days before Bishop was born. Last time we were there, I was timing (painful!)contractions while we ate. He also surprised me with the newest iPhone and my favorite color (red) Otter Box Defender Case. I've been fighting a cold, so on Sunday, we sat in the back at church and then came home and watched movies and did ABSOLUTLEY nothing else since the boys were gone.  It's been a LONG time since that happened.

Monday night, we went to The Big Texan for dinner since the birthday boy/girl get a free prime rib or chicken fried steak.  Lewis took the prime rib and I opted for a ribeye.  We've eaten well the last few days. :)





(I'd been crying over his generosity).

2 comments:

april said...

wow! you look great!

mindibz said...

Happy belated!