Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rolls...and we're not talking fat rolls.

So last week, my mom and dad were here.  Lewis and I had a party to go to, and we were going to be out late. So who better to watch our kids than my mom?  Actually, she is pretty much THE ONLY ONE I am willing to leave Bishop with.  And nighttime routine?  ABSOLUTELY only my mom.

I give you this back story because it marked the first time since Bishop was born that Lewis and I went out.  ALONE.  Britton goes to MDO and my MIL takes him all day once a week.  But my baby Bishop?  I think I've been away from him maybe 30 minutes at the most since he's been born.  Not because I don't want to, but because I don't trust anyone with him.. It's weird.  I was not this way with Britton at all.  I don't know if it's because I had no choice but to leave him with my MIL when I was having the appointments for my hip and stuff.  Or maybe it was because I was miserable with slight PPD and just wanted to pawn him off to the first person who wanted him.  Once I quit nursing, and got on some Lexapro, I enjoyed him much much more.

Anyways, we went out.  And even though I was ready to come home at 9pm (because I was TIRED, I knew I'd be getting up with Bishop, and because I missed my boys), we didn't get home until about 11:30pm.

And my mom told me that Bishop had rolled over.  Ummm, he was only 9 weeks old.  How does this happen?  I clearly remember Britton was on the late end for rolling over.  I attributed it to his size.  Bigger babies have "more" to roll over, so they take longer.  Right?  Wrong.  Bishop is a big baby and he has no problem with it.

So I figured it was a fluke.  But then he did it again.  And again.  And again.  To date, he has rolled five times in one week.

Which means I need to reconsider the swaddle.  Because I obviously can't restrict his arms if he's rolling.  He may suffocate.  And I certainly don't want that!  Him rolling over is causing him to wake himself up.  But if I don't swaddle, his arms flailing wake him up.  I foresee a rough next couple of weeks while I figure out what to do.

In other news, I got a haircut.  And I cried as she was cutting it.  She did not do what I asked.  But after living with it for a week, I'm actually not as traumatized as I was the first day.  Yeah, it's short.  Yeah, it has too many SHORT layers, but it looks healthier, and it's definitely more "trendy".

It's been SO hot.  We're talking a record 109 on Friday, and then today's 111 broke that 2 day old record.  we need rain so so so bad.  We don't even go outside it's so hot.






My hair was really curly here.  This is not how I normally wear it.  I'm not a fan of it in the picture.

No comments: