Friday, June 10, 2011

My Britton

There are days when Britton says something funny, or something that blows my mind.  I don't want to forget them, but I can't run to the computer and post, so I make a note of them on my phone.

Hmmm, perhaps I should look into an app that will allow me to post from my phone.


Anyhoo, here are some things I really really need to get video of him doing:


  • He can count to 10, but mainly with some help.
  • He can count to 10 in Spanish, but again, with some help.
  • He definitely can indentify the color orange.  I like to think it's because I dress him in a lot of orange. ;)  
  • When asked what kind of fruit he'd like to eat, 4 out of 5 times, he will say ORANGES!
  • He is currently in a phase where he will tell you to "SIT DOWN" very sternly.  I guess I must say that a lot to him. ;)
  • Also, today we were driving in downtown Amarillo and there was a lady in front of me at the light that didn't realize the light had turned green.  I said "Go" outloud and thought nothing of it.  A few lights later (there are a billion downtown), I heard Britton say "go! go! go!" and sure enough there was a car parked in front of us.  I really really really need to be aware of what I say!
  • When the car stops, and someone is sitting in the backseat with him, he points to the door and says "Go!"..as in open the door and let me out!
  • He also knows the word "treat" and asks for one.  Candy is another word he knows.  I'd make a list, but it'd be a hundred miles long.  And to think I was worried about his speech development! ;)
  • He has started singing.  I can't make out what he is singing, but it sounds really cute.
  • One song I CAN make out is the ABC song.  He gets a few letters in the correct order here and there, but for the most part, it's just a song to him.
  • I think the English numbers and the ABC's are because of MDO.  On the report they send home with him, there is a summary of what they did that day.  Usually 1-10 and ABC's are on there.
  • Britton also knows that we cannot start eating dinner until we pray and end it with AMEN.  When he is super hungry, he has bee known to say AMEN as soon as his food is set down so he can begin eating. It is quite humorous.






No comments: