Saturday, December 19, 2009

Visiting Grandma and Abuelito

On Friday, I met my mom halfway between Anson and Amarillo to drop off Britton to her.  He will be staying with his grandparents for a few days.  Originally, I had planned to work while he was visiting, but I have tendonitis in my wrists and have been instructed to wear a wrist brace 24/7 for a month.   And I can't wear the brace at work, so no work for me. Which is sad, because I actually WANT to go to work.

So I dropped Britton off, knowing I was going to miss him terribly since I would not have work to keep me busy.  I did cry, but haven't since.  I think about him constantly!

I have called my mom a zillion times to see how things are going.  I know he is fine, but I like knowing if he ate well, how he napped, how the day is going, etc.  From the sound of things, it seems like he does not miss me at all!  I know he's having lots of fun getting tons of attention!

My cousin Stephanie, her daughter Gianna, and my uncle went to my parents house to introduce Gianna to my mom and dad and also to play with Britton.  Gianna is 2.5 months younger than Britton.  They're gonna be great friends as they grow up!

Stephanie emailed me these photos:







Lewis and I spent most of the day together today.  It was nice, but I still missed my baby!  We ran errands (which go waaaaay faster without a baby!), and went to a party tonight.  I even wore eyeliner.  woo hoo!

Tomorrow, we are going to a matinee.  We haven't been to a movie since Britton was 8 weeks old.

And I guess on Monday, I will clean.  And then I will sleep.  And read.  And then pick up my baby boy in a few days!

I'm glad he's having a great time with his grandparents!

1 comment:

Franco Family said...

It looks like Britton is having fun! =) I am sure he is getting LOTS of attention. =) Enjoy your time being child free. It will go by faster than you think. ;-)