Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Dress

I found my wedding dress today! It is so bee-u-tee-full!

When Lewis and I got engaged, I kinda had a picture in my mind of what I wanted my dress to look like. The dress I chose this morning, looks NOTHING like that image. It doesn't even look like something I'd choose to wear. But I knew it was THE ONE as soon as I put it on. The fact was reinforced when I almost cried when I put it on the second time.

I didn't even choose it off the rack. Lewis' mom, Nancy, (my awesome future MIL) went with me to look at gowns. We had gone a few weeks ago but hadn't seen anything we liked. Granted, we had visited a consignment store because I was hell-bent on not spending a fortune. So today, we were going to go to another consignment store, as well as a place where they RENT bridal gowns, but we stopped at a real bridal salon first just because.

We walked in and this cute young girl named Anne greeted us, told us to go around the rack and pull the dresses we liked and she'd get them to a dressing room. So we did. She came back out as Nancy and I were kinda making fun of a certain dress. Anne suggested I try it on.

I told her, "No, it's really not me".
Anne said, "Try it on for fun".
So I said, "Okay, it'll be my fun dress".

It was the second of 14 that I tried on. It fit like a glove. And I was in loooove.

There were two others that made the final cut, too, but THIS one was the one that I felt like a bride in. The others felt like I was just trying on dresses.

To boot, it was 25% off. Lewis' thriftiness is rubbing off on me.

I cannot wait to be married in it. It's sad that I only get to wear it for a day. I want to wear it the whole week!

I'd describe it in better detail, but I want it to be a surprise for Lewis.

Also, we set a date. The wedding will be on April 12th in Amarillo, the chapel at the church we attend. It's going to be a VERY small ceremony. Like 20 people. Lewis and I will leave on our honeymoon afterwards, and then a couple of weeks later we are having a HUGE reception with our friends and families.

I can't wait!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a snap shot of the dress and text it to me... pleeeeeaaaassse.

Lillie