Friday, July 27, 2007

A Summer's Eve

I have an affinity for comedy. As in I like to watch comedians on TV or live.

Tonight, I ran to Hastings to get some comedy videos. I especially like the ones with some Latin flair, becuase it pokes fun at stuff I grew up with. One of the segments I saw tonight triggered a memory that I hadn't thought about since I was a little girl.

The comedian was talking about douches. Like the feminine product kind.

All of a sudden I remembered that when Ricky and I were young, say about 7-9, we used to tell each other we felt "as fresh as a summer's eve" after we bathed. We had no idea what that referred to, but we certainly knew the commercial for "Summer's Eve", and that the lady always looked so clean and refreshed...just like we felt when we were squeaky clean from our bath.

I laughed so hard at the memory that my eyes teared up and I couldn't even speak to tell Lewis the story. I can't believe I had forgotten it.

I'm willing to bet Rick says he doesn't remember it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny...but kinda gross too! but it did make me laugh!

Karol Cabbiness said...

Of course mom let ya'll keep saying that and didn't explain anything.