Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A few random things...

Something I've never been told up until recently:

"Thanks for helping me get rid of my diarrhea."

Yes, a woman actually told me this last week on the plane. She kept getting up to go to the lavatory and I finally asked her if she was okay. She told me she had diarrhea. I did what any good flight attendant would do...I gave her an anti-diarrheal pill from the medication pouch. On her way off the plane, the woman thanked me. I doubt I will ever hear that again. At least I hope I don't.

*******

Lewis and I went to the annual family reunion in Anson this past weekend. We had a good time. I went straight to work on Monday and will not get back to Amarillo until late Thursday night.

******

I stupidily worked an AM trip over 4th of July. I was worthless. My workouts were non-existant and all I wanted to do was sleep. I did it because both overnights were in Amarillo. So I got paid to be at home.

******

I was working HOU-DAL a couple of weeks ago and towards the end of the flight I was picking up trash and all of a sudden I hear, "Hello, Elisa". I look up and it's my Little League Softball coach from when I was about 6 years old. He and his wife are good friends with my parents. They moved to Orlando several years ago. I hadn't seen them in I can't even remember. So it was quite a surprise. Of all the daily flights we offer (3000+), he was on the one I was working. How weird is that?

******

I want a new laptop and an Nano iPod really really bad. But I am loathe to part with the money. I have it, but I just don't want to spend it. I also want to train with Chad again, but short of moving back to STL, it AIN'T gonna happen.

******

I owe less than $5 on my car. Yes, only $5. It feels awesome.

******

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since you wont have a car payment anymore, you should get a new ipod...i need one too; we should both get one!