Saturday, March 10, 2007

Pork...the other white meat


Lewis and I went to the ranch on Wednesday afternoon after I got in from Chicago. He and my brother had gone last weekend to kill a pig, but there weren't any in the trap. Different story on Wednesday. There were TWO.

Lewis gave me a quick lesson on how to shoot the rifle, and he let the first one out of the cage. I missed, went to reload the chamber, but I couldn't get it to work. So the lucky pig got away.

We got video of Lewis shooting the second one (the one in the picture), but I don't know if I can, or how, to put video on here. The pig literally does a flip in the air when Lewis pegs him in the back of the head. The bullet came out of its eyeball and looked so gross.

We cut the back straps from it, and Lewis took some hair for tying flies.

It was so cool. We're going to do it again.

5 comments:

chez bez said...

Great shot. ;)

It's just a matter of time before you're in a G. Gordon Liddy "Stacked & Packed" calendar.

Elisa B said...

Funny you should mention that. Lewis said almost the same thing as we were leaving the ranch that day. ;)

Anonymous said...

oooooo...that looks like tons of fun! next time i got up there i want to go do that!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you Franco's are evil with your desire to kill God's creatures. You make her cry!

Your aim is about as good as your brother's. I kicked his but at shooting dinosaurs last weekend, it hurt his feelings!!

hehehehe!

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha, your comments are hilarious. I love all of God's creatures and there's room for them all... ON MY PLATE.