Monday, December 04, 2006

Endorphins...STAT!

I'm in Washington DC on a trip. A trip I purposely traded to because it had long overnights, it had a city I had not been before, and I'd been told the gyms at both cities were above average. My co-workers, however, are on this trip for the same first reason I stated, but they are more concerned with how much alcohol they can consume and the long ovenights come in handy when they have to sleep it off.

I am so addicted.

Addicted to the rush of endorphins racing through my veins.

I just got done working out and I feel like I could go-go-go.

I will admit I don't always look forward to getting my cardio in. It's a rare thing, though. What I dislike most about it is the monotony. I'd much prefer to take a high intensity class or workout with Chad.

But today, it was just me and my iPod (thank ggodness it decided to work!) and the elliptical machine. Before I knew it, I had done 45 minutes at a high level. But I didn't "feel" like I was done. My legs were itching to do more.

So I hopped on the treadmill, gave myself a nice incline, and did 15 more minutes at an 8 mile pace.

And oh my frickin' goodness...I feel so alive and like I could have run forever! Maybe it's the fact that I had to skip 2 days because of time and facility constraints.

And guess what?!? Tomorrow, I get to do it all over in again! In San Diego of all places. It's so beautiful there.

Just wanted to share my high.

1 comment:

Elisa B said...

Thanks for the comments, Lil. Lewis and I plan on being in STL the wknd before NY's. Did you lose power in the storm?